Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Live Like You Were Dying

Things happen for a reason. Reasons often not recognized or understood by most of us. A few months after I had "hit bottom" in my life, I heard a song on the car radio several times and started singing along with the chorus. After a bit of time I asked my daughter if she knew the song. I found it was Tim McGraw. I looked up the lyrics and then I understood why I was singing it and what the message is. I needed to learn from my negative experiences. I need to work at becoming a better person. A better person for ME, which would then be a better person towards everyone else.

Yes, Tim explained it very well. I heard recently that a Vietnam Vet had made a statement many years ago very similar to You need to live like you were dying. I don't know if this is where Tim got his song idea from, but Tim wrote a wonderful lesson for us all. We need to love deeper (especially our selves), Talk Sweeter, Give forgiveness we've been denying (forgive OURSELVES)........

When all has seemed lost, families, self esteem, material things, things we had worked hard for, inability to manage our lives and we start crawling again, we appreciate the "little things" in life more than before. Admitting we need help and can't do it on our own. Things get better one day at a time! We have to take action, not just hope or pray for things to happen. That's part of Living Like I was Dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment